DEV BHOOMI INSTITUTE OF PHARMACY & RESEARCH
DEHRADUN (Established in 2007)
Post Graduate Department
M.Pharm. (Master in Pharmacy) in two specialization :
- Pharmacology &
Duration of the course : 2 Years.
Eligibility : (as per AICTE norms) Bachelor in Pharmacy, obtained at least 50% (45% in case of
candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination.
The post graduate department was established in the year 2011 to strengthen research and training in the area of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Our goal is to prepare exceptional students for productive and successful careers in pharmaceutical industry, academia, research, regulatory and healthcare sectors, will strive to become a centre of excellence in the area of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Faculty : For M.Pharm. Courses
|Dr. Deepak Nanda||Associate Professor||M. Pharm., Ph.D.|
|Dr. Amandeep||Associate Professor||M. Pharm., Ph.D.|
|Dr. Rakesh Singh||Assistant Professor||M. Pharm., Ph.D.|
|Mr. Ashok||Assistant Professor||M.Pharm. (Pharmacy Practice)|
|Mr. Manish||Assistant Professor||M.Pharm. (Pharmacology)|
|Mr. Asheesh||Assistant Professor||M.Pharm. (Pharmacology)|
|Ms. Roopesh||Assistant Professor||M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutics)|
Key features of the PG Department
- Research environment and scientific atmosphere.
- Simulated experiments on Experimental pharmacology.
- In house library and E-journal facility.
- Campus placements.
- Financial support for presentation of papers in the conference.
- Scholarship available for merit holder students in tuition fee & hostel fee.
- Earn while learn scheme is available for students (Lectures to be given by the PG student to UG & Diploma classes on some specific day & honorarium will be paid).
- Educational tour/visit to industry, hospital, research institute etc.
- No. of Seminar/Guest Lectures/workshop- eminent speakers from industry, hospital, research institute etc.
SPONSORED SYMPOSIUM Conducted by the Institute
1.CPCSEA Sponsored Symposium on
“Alternatives to Animal Testing :“Trends in Education, Research and its future in India”,
3rd August, 2014 and Eminent Speakers were
- Prof. Ramesh K. Goyal (Distinguished Professor, Institute of Life Sciences, Ahmedabad University & Former Vice-Chancellor of the M.S. University of Baroda),
- Prof. Anil K. Balapure (Sr. Deputy Director, I/C-Tissue & Cell Culture Lab Division of Biochemistry, CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow),
- Ms. Gauri Maulekhi (National Trustee, People for Animals & Member Secretary, Uttarakhand Branch, Co-opted Member, Animal Welfare Board of India),
- Ms. Alokparna Sengupta (Deputy Director Humane Society International/India),
- Dr. Kripali Pande (Expert Consultant, CPCSEA),
- Dr. Vivek Tyagi (Expert Consultant, CPCSEA),
- Dr. Ashutosh Joshi (Officer-In-Charge, Uttarakhand State Animal Welfare Board).
2.INDIAN PHARMACOLOGY SOCIETY Sponsored Symposium on
“Emergence of Clinical Pharmacology & Clinical Trials in India”,
15Th Nov., 2014 and Eminent Speakers were
- Padam Shri Hon’ble Prof. Ranjit Roy Chaudhury (Advisor to the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India),
- Prof. Vijay Shanker Mathur (Chief Coordinator and Founder of the Postgraduate Course in Clinical Research at Apollo Hospital),
- Dr. B. Dinesh Kumar (National President, Indian Pharmacological Society),
- Dr. Bhim S. Pandhi (President, Uttarakhand Medical Council)
CONFERENCE/ SEMINAR /WORKSHOP attended by M.Pharm. students
- 5th Annual Conference on “Hemovigilance”, by Indian Medical Association Blood Bank, Dehradun (UK),30th-31th Mar.,2013.
- 4th Annual Conference on “Burning Issues in Transfusion Medicine”, by Indian Medical Association Blood Bank, Dehradun (UK),7th-8th April,2012.
- 1st National Conference on “Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology with Emphasis on Biodiversity Conservation”, by Dev Bhoomi Institute of Applied Sciences, Dehradun (UK), 25th -26th Feb., 2012.
- 10th Annual Indian Medical Association State Conference (UTRAKON-2011), by Indian Medical Association, Dehradun(UK), 10th -11th Dec., 2011.
- National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Medical Biotechnology & Nanotechnology” (ETMBN-2011), by Arni University, Kangra, H.P., 3rd -4th Dec., 2011.
- 66th National Conference on “Tuberculosis and Chest Disease” (NATCON-2011), 18th -20th Nov., 2011, Dehradun (UK).
SEMINAR /WORKSHOP /GUEST LECTURES Conducted by the Institute
for M.Pharm. students
- One Day Workshop on “Clinical Research & Good Clinical Practices”, by Prof. Sanjay Gupta , Director & Mr. Mukul Singla, Research Associate , Catalyst Clinical Services, New Delhi, 22nd, 2012.
- Workshop on, “Regulatory Affairs related to Pharmacy Practice In India”, by Dr. Laxman Singh Rautela ( chairman) and Mr. Satya Badoni ( Executive member) Uttarakhand State Pharmacy Council, 7th, 2012.
- One Day Seminar on “Receptors”, by Dr. Manju Sharma from Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi and Dr. Rajni Mathur from Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research (DIPSAR), Delhi, 15th, 2012.
- One Day Workshop on “ AIDS – Myth, Diagnosis and Treatment”, by Dr. P.C Kapri ( Additional Project Director, Uttarakhand State AIDS Control Society), Mr. Anil Sati ( Joint Director) & Mr. Gagandeep Lothra (Officer ), 29th Nov., 2011.
- Guest lectures on, “Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases- Causes, Diagnosis & Its Management”, by Dr. Sudhanshu Kalra (Chest Physician, President API, and Chairman IMA, Dehradun), 17th Nov., 2011.
- Guest lectures on, “Drugs For The Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus”, by Ms. Monika Sachdeva, Associate Prof. ,RKGIT,Ghaziabad,UP, 21st Mar., 2012.
- Guest lectures on, “Research Methodology”, by Prof. C.T. Chopde, Nagpur University, Nagpur, 13th Sep., 2012.
- Guest lectures on, “Mental Disorders”, by Prof. C.T. Chopde, Nagpur University, Nagpur, 14th Sep., 2012.
- Guest lectures on, “Carbon Nanotrophs: The Future of Medicine”, by Shailendra K. Saraf, Director, Babu Banarasi Das Northern India Institute of Technology, Lucknow (UP), 18th Mar. 2013
- Guest lectures on, “ Industry-Institute Interaction : Need of the Hour”, by Mr. Ashish Kr. Chatterjee, Plant Manager, Oasis Lab., Dehradun & Coordinator, Drug Manufacturers Association, Uttarakhand, 13 Apr., 2013
- Guest lectures on, “ Transdermal Technology”, by Dr. Gaurav Goyal, Sr. Manager, Research and Business Development, Rusan Pharma Ltd., Dehradun, 16th Apr., 2013.
POSTER PRESENTATIONS by M.Pharm. students
In Five National Conferences =22 posters and One International Conference = 3 posters
|1. National Conference on Emerging Trends in Medical Biotechnology & Nanotechnology, Arni School of Basic Sciences, Arni University, Kangra, Himachal Pradesh,3-4 Dec.,2011|
|1||A REVIEW ON THERAPEUTICS USES OF OCIMUM SANTUM LINN (TULSI)Deshraj Singh *, Pankaj Nainwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|2||RAPID MICROBIOLOGY METHODS IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRYDiwan Chand*, Pankaj Nainwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|3||ROLE OF NANOTECHNOLOGY IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRYManish Jangra*, Devender Singh, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|4||REVIEW ON ANTICANCER PROPERTIES OF SOME MEDICINAL PLANTSNeetika Chopra*, Pankaj Nainwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|5||DIVERSE MEDICAL PROPERTIES OF BENZODIAZEPINESunil Kaushik*, Ramesh Kumar, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|6||A REVIEW ON SOME MEDICINAL PLANTS HAVING ANTITUBERCULAR ACTIVITYSunny Sambiyal*, Pankaj Nainwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|2. UTTARACON-2011, 10th Annual Indian Medical Association State Conference, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 10-11 Dec., 2011|
|1||ROLE OF PHARMACIST IN DISEASE STATE MANAGEMENT AND DRUG SAFETYManish Jangra*, Devender Singh, Prem Saini|
|2||PHARMACOVIGILANCEDeshraj Singh*, Priyanka Bhatt, Amandeep Singh, Prem Saini|
|3||PHARMACOECONOMICS: A TOOL FOR MEASURING BENEFITS AND COSTS
Neetika Chopra*, Naini Bhadri, Prem Saini
|4||IMPLANTS: A LEAP FORWARD IN CONTROLLED DRUG DELIVERYDiwan Chand*, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|5||INTRANASAL DRUG DELIVERYSunil Kaushik*, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|6||ROLE OF PHARMACIST IN DRUG ADDICTIONSunny Sambyal*, Amandeep Singh, Prem Saini|
|3. National Conference on “Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology with emphasis on Biodiversity Conservation”, DBGI, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 25-26 Feb.,2012|
|1.||DISEASE STATE MANAGEMENT, DRUG SAFETY AND PHARMACISTManish Jangra, Prem Saini|
|2.||PHARMACOVIGILENCE IN NUT SHELLDeshraj Singh, Sunny Sambyal|
|3.||NEW HORIZONS IN INTRA NASAL DRUG DELIVERYSunil Kaushik, Prem Saini|
|4.||PARENTRAL EXTENDED ACTION DOSAGE FORMNeetika Chopra, Prem Saini|
|5.||PHARMACOECONOMICS: A MEASURE FOR BENEFITS AND COSTSDiwan Chand|
RESEARCH PAPERS Presented by the M.Pharm. Students on their projects in National & International Conferences :
|4. International Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shri Guru Ram Institute of Technology & Science (SGRRITS), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 14-15 Feb., 2014|
|1||BIOANALYTICAL METHOD VALIDATION: RIFAMPICNKaushik Sunil, Nanda Deepak, Saini Prem|
|2||ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF ANOGESSIUS PENDULA LEAVESChand Diwan, Nainwal Pankaj, Saini Prem|
|3||ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY OF SOLENA AMPLEXICAULIS LEAVESJangra Manish, Agarwal Kshitij, Saini Prem|
|5. National Conference on “New Horizon in Pharmacy and Pharmacology”, GLA University, Mathura, UP, 15-16 Feb., 2014|
|1||BIOANALYTICAL METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF RIFAMPICIN IN HUMAN PLASMA USING LC-MS/MSSunil Kaushik*, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|2||ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF ANOGEISSUS PENDULA LEAVESDiwan Chand*, Pankaj Nainwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|3||IN-VITRO ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SCREENING OF DIFFERENT EXTRACTS OF SOLENA AMPLEXICAULIS LEAVESManish Jangra *, Kshitij Agarwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|6. National Conference on “Recent Advances In Biosciences And Drug Discovery (RABDD-2014)” , Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand,3-4 March, 2014|
|1||ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY OF ANOGEISSUS PENDULA LEAVESDiwan Chand*, Pankaj Nainwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
|2||ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF SOLENA AMPLEXICAULIS LEAVESManish Jangra*, Kshitij Agarwal, Deepak Nanda, Prem Saini|
PLACEMENT : All M.Pharm. pass out students were placed eg.
|Mr. Sunil Ranbaxy
(package 3.20 lakh per annum)
|Mr. Diwan DBIPR
(package 3.48 lakh per annum)
|Mr. Manish DBIPR
(package 3.48 lakh per annum)
EXTRA- CURRICULAR ACTIVITY
M.Pharm. Students participated in
- National Youth Day conducted by Uttarakhand State AIDS Control Society, Govt. of Uttarakhand-12th, 2012 & 12th Jan 2013.
- Red Ribbon Club activity (under NSS) held at our Institute DBIPR on 3rd,2013.
- Medical Camp Organized for people living nearby villages held at our Institute DBIPR on 26th,2012.
- AIDS Rally 1st,2011 and 1st Jan.,2012.
- Blood donation camp (four times in 2012 & 2013)