B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration) is a three – year program that equips students with all the needed skills, knowledge, and attitudes to perform supervisory duties in the Hotel and Hospitality sector efficiently. The focus of the program is to make the graduates ‘industry-ready’. Hotel and Hospitality industry requires an amalgam of skill sets such as positive attitude, warmth, empathy, excellent communication, confidence, and thorough knowledge. Therefore Dev Bhoomi Institute of Hotel Management (DBIHM) provides an advanced program which along with the theoretical knowledge also equips students with the laboratory practical exposure for them to acquire the necessary experience and skill standards in the operational sectors.
The B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration program at DBIHM, affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) through advanced course curriculum, bridges the gap between industry’s requirement and present education system. The institute, with an aim to nurture the potent professionals, imparts knowledge in substantial Management input areas such as Hotel & Catering Law, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Sales & Marketing, Entrepreneurship Development, ICT, Property Management, and Tourism Studies. If you are planning about establishing a career in hotel operations, then DBIHM, Best College for B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, can help you become successful in the Hospitality Industry.
|Academic fee ( Per semester)||₹ 37,500/-||3 Year|
|Application Fees||₹ 1,200.00 (Non Refundable)|
|Admission Fees||₹ 5,000.00 (Non Refundable)|
|Caution Money||₹ 1,500 (Refundable)|
|University Enrolment Fees||₹ 2,000 (Non-Refundable)|
IGNOU FEES & EXAMINATION FEE AS PER IGNOU & NCHMCT NORMS
- During the first year of the course, the student will develop an overview of Hotel Administration, its environment, and management, with fundamental skills & tools required for running a hotel successfully. This renders the base that prepares the students to take on more challenging and advanced modules in the second and third years of the degree program.
- The experiential learning pedagogy renders the students with a blend of strategic and operational skills required to succeed in the role.
- The curriculum involves compulsory internship in critical areas like Food & Beverage Service, Food Production, Accommodation Operations, and Front Office, followed by specializations to provide an array of practical field experiences.
- Industrial exposure with prime hotel brands in India & Overseas.
- Industry Visit, Workshops, and Guest Lectures to complement the education experience.
- Specialization modules to enhance communication, grooming & life skills, thus for the holistic growth of an individual.
Opportunities For Hospitality Graduates
The Hospitality Industry is encountering remarkable growth due to an extraordinary surge in Indian and International tourism. This has ultimately boosted the need for trained hospitality professionals and has initiated up innumerable openings. As a result, graduates can look forth to career opportunities in the following fields-
- Management Trainee in Hotel and Allied Industry
- Kitchen Management / Housekeeping Management Trainee in Hotels
- Cabin Crew in National and International Airlines
- Executives in Leading Fast Food Chains
- Catering Officers or Chefs in Cruise Lines
- Marketing / Sales Executives on Hotels
- Flight Kitchens
- Guest / Customer Relation Administrator in Hotels and other Service Sectors
- Hospital and Institutional Catering Executives
- Faculty in Hotel Management / Food Craft Institutes.
- Executives in Tourism Development Corporations and Resort properties
- Self-employed entrepreneurs