Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery*
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery at Dev Bhoomi Institute of Hotel Management (DBIHM) is a part-time, intensive, hands-on diploma course that is outlined for culinary enthusiasts who want to attain in-depth knowledge and abilities in the art of baking and confectionery. This 1.5-year course has been designed to train students to achieve technical skills and understanding to accomplish managerial roles in Bakery and Confectionery. It builds a platform for the candidates to learn, enrich, and enhance their skills for their passion for baking and confectionery.
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery at DBIHM affiliated by National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is designed in a manner, wherein candidates acquire the knowledge of both practical as well as the theoretical phase of the program, laying a stronger foundation to proceed training in Bakery and Confectionery. The course curriculum involves the fundamentals of baking; various baking procedures and introduces students to ingredients and provides knowledge of the working of equipment needed. It also imparts the critical understanding of packaging, labelling, food safety, and food laws that can be applied directly to existing products and in developing new products. The other relevant topics covered include the study of materials used in Bakery/Confectionery, selection, composition, functions, the under-taken process, and reactions to the ingredients, fundamental knowledge of baking/heating, freezing, chilling, refrigerating, and the interaction of the elements used. Students also gain industrial training during the course study to impart a practical approach to the field. All of this offers an intensive hands-on approach, which leads you to a rewarding career full of vast opportunities and entrepreneurial creativity.
Highlights of the Program
- Institute provides the hospitality industry’s ins and outs through the teaching staff who are industry experts with global experience.
- DBIHM avails students internship and training programs so as to build them in every aspect.
- Institute religiously, under its curriculum, provides Industry Visit, Workshops, Guest Lectures, to complement the education experience.
- Institute possesses stable corporate relations and is capable of providing students with the best placement opportunities.
- Institute owns world-class infrastructure, which involves advanced classrooms, sophisticated bakery lab with state-of-the-art equipment, indigenous and imported culinary tools to supplement the culinary learning.
Future Prospects of the Course
After completion of this course, students will be equipped to make a career as auditors, quality control executives, quality managers, quality assurance executives, position in NPD team, food consultants, food journalism, and many more profiles in –
- Flight Kitchen
- Galley Kitchen in a Cruise Liner
- Mechanized Bakery chain
- Hotels, Restaurants, and other catering establishments.
- Tourism and travel industry
- Cruise Lines and Airlines, etc.