B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering (ME)
About the program:
Mechanical Engineering is a core and evergreen engineering branch which deals with the Mechanic designing machines, analyzing and manufacturing of mechanical products and systems. Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering) is a 4-year undergraduate program that revolves around concepts such as designing, manufacturing, and working of machines and tools, parts of machines and their design, concepts of physics, etc.
Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology (DBIT), one of the best mechanical engineering college in Dehradun Uttarakhand, is aimed at producing mechanical engineering professionals with a practical exposure that meets the latest requirements of the engineering industry. The knowledge gained through the degree includes topics of the fields like Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Mechanics, Materials Science, and Dynamics of Machines. The department also focuses on sprouting a strong research interest in both the faculty members as well as students in varied areas of Mechanical Engineering as a result of which the students come across subjects focusing on machines, their working, development, and productions. These subjects involve the Theory of Machines, Dynamics of Machines, etc.
This course is now running under Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand University
- Approved by DEV BHOOMI UTTARAKHAND UNIVERSITY
|Academic fee ( Per semester)||₹ 50,000/-||4 Year|
|Application Fees||₹ 1,200.00 (Non Refundable)|
|Admission Fees||₹ 5,000.00 (Non Refundable)|
|Caution Money||₹ 1,500 (Refundable)|
|University Enrolment Fees||₹ 2,000 (Non-Refundable)|
Eligibility and Duration:
- The candidate must have cleared senior secondary education with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects and any one of the subjects-Chemistry / Bio-Technology/ Computer Science / Biology from a recognized board.
- Or the candidate should have cleared a 3-year Diploma from an AICTE approved institute.
- Or he/she may have cleared B.Sc. from a recognized institute along with Mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12.
Total intake: 120
- It is a full-time course, 4 years in duration divided into 8 semesters and 3 years in duration divided into 6 semesters for lateral entry.
Highlights of the program:
- Institute provides students with a well-accomplished and talented group of faculties which guides students towards the better path in both their personal and professional life.
- The well-researched, advanced and interdisciplinary course curriculum followed at the institute is made as per the industry requirements.
- Institute is known for its extensive Infrastructure thus provides students with world-class laboratory facilities to enhance their practical and analytical aptitude.
- Institute accompany practical teaching with industry-standard software tools like AutoCAD, NX-CAM, FEM, High-Velocity Crash Analysis Software (IMPACT) and Solid Works.
- The active and lucrative Corporate Resource Centre of the institute provides students with the opportunity to get placed in reputed companies to give a positive start to their career.
- Internship projects in pre-final and final years help the students build practical and experimental aptitude.
- The department also conducts value-added courses for the holistic development of an individual.
The institute provides its students with experienced faculty and well-equipped labs namely:
|Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Lab||Dynamics/Kinematics of Machine Lab||Materials Science Lab||Fluid Mechanics Lab|
|Strength of Materials lab||CAD/CAM Lab||Automobile Engineering Lab||IC Engines and Gas Turbines Lab|
|Mechanical Workshops||Heat Transfer Lab|