About National Science Exhibition Competition 2018
In accordance with the philosophy of our trust to spread and impart quality education, we are conducting National Science Exhibition Competition 2018 in Dehradun and Kumaun region schools of Uttarakhand state to make students to show their skills through static and working models and Charts. All streams students can take part in this exhibition with the key objective of bringing out the hidden talents of students and with a focus on creating more awareness of science, Green Energy, Innovation in Transport, Communication, Agriculture, Technology, Bio- diversity, Community Health, Environment & Mathematical Modelling. Through this exhibition students can enhance their technical as well as presentation skills.
- All schools who wish to participate need to apply on-line.
- The last date for filling the on-line registration form is 30th October, 2018.
- The registration fee for the participant team would be of Rs 1000/-
- Names of the students once registered online should not be changed at any stage of the exhibition.
- The complete application including typed brief write-up (not more than 1000 words) for each exhibit and printed copy of the online registration form duly signed and forwarded by the Principal is to be shown at the date of exhibition venue.
- A school team will be represented by a maximum of five students per exhibit and one escort Teacher.
- Students studying in classes XI & XII in the current academic year i.e. 2018–19are eligible to participate.
- The subject – theme once selected cannot be changed.
- The exhibit/model may include –
- Working model should explain a concept, principle or a process
- An innovative idea and inexpensive design or technique
- Application of basic principles on Science/Technology
- Scheme/design of a device or machine to reduce production cost
- New and innovative ideas in the form of presentations
- Charts making competition for arts and commerce in any topic related to society.
- Care should be taken that eco- friendly materials are preferably used in the preparation of exhibits.
Points Related to Conduction of Exhibition
- The first stage of exhibition will be held at Kumaun and Dehradun Region. The information regarding the venues will be circulated / notified later on.
- The selected best three exhibit from each region (the numbers may increase or decrease depending on the quality of the exhibit) at each regional level venue will be eligible to participate in the Final level exhibition.
- The actual dates for the regional level will be communicated to every school and details will also be available on website.
- Certificates will be awarded to each participating team.
- Winners will be awarded by the cash prizes of Rs 20000/- for 1st position, Rs 10000/- for 2nd position and Rs 5000/- for the third position.